Chicago’s West Loop Top 10 Eats
For those of you wanting to explore Chicago and experience their hottest neighborhood I’d recommend checking out the West Loop. On my most recent February 2016 trip to Chicago I explored the area numerous times and wanted to share the Top 10 Eats I recommend you experience. Happy Dining, find more Chicago Restaurants I adore here.
1. Gorgeous interior with delicious food – Avec Restaurant. 615 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60661.
Photos courtesy of Avec
3. The Best Burger and super chill dive bar esque scene – Au Cheval. 800 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60607.
4. Best Meats & Lunch – The Publican Restaurant. 837 W Fulton Market, Chicago, IL 60607.
Photos courtesy of The Publican
5. Best Seafood & Best Ice Cream Sundaes – Cold Storage. Read more about my incredible dinner at Cold Storage here plus their amazing Sundaes dessert spread!! 1000 West Fulton Street, Chicago. IL 60607.
6. Best Diner – Little Goat Diner. Having dined at the various Stephanie Izard restaurants including Girl and a Goat and Little Goat, the Little Goat Diner is my favorite. Really, because I love the fun casual aspect of it and the accessibility of experiencing the talented Chef Stephanie Izard’s cooking in a fun, well priced setting. Trust me you’ll love it! 820 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60607.
7. Best Bakery & Coffee Shop- Little Goat Bakery. This adorable Coffee Shop & Bakery is located next to Little Goat Diner. I’ve been a few times and it’s hard to resist swinging by for a coffee, a bite or drink at the bar…. It really has one of those super cool nostalgic bar like settings, similar to Coffee Shop in New York City. 820 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60607.
9. Best Italian – Monteverde. Having recently spent almost a month in Chicago Monteverde was the one spot I was most excited to try. Why, because I had heard they had the best new Italian in the area which I completely agree with. Plan ahead though as it’s hard to get a reservation in this hot new comer in town!! Also if you walk in try to score a seat at the bar with views of the fresh pasta made by hand daily. Incredible!! 1020 W Madison St, Chicago, IL 60607.
10. Best NEW Restaurant – Swift & Sons. This comes from the well known Boka Group and is attached to Cold Storage (remember the Ice Cream Sunday spot I mentioned above). Both are incredible and must tries. 1000 W Fulton Market, Chicago, IL 60607.
Photos courtesy of Anthony Tahlier