Where is Los Olivos and why should you visit: Los Olivos is located in the Santa Ynez Valley of Santa Barbara County, California. Boasting expansive views of Santa Barbara County’s vineyards and horse ranches, Los Olivos is noted for its love of the arts, wine tasting opportunities, unique shopping, epicurean restaurants, fun festivals, antiques, recreational landscapes, and friendly residents found throughout the village. See some of my favorite Santa Barbara Wineries here.
Los Olivos is a destination you could visit for a long weekend and be so entertained with shopping, wine tasting rooms and restaurants you don’t have to leave, unless of course you want to. It’s prime location in the Santa Ynez Valley is close to many wineries and other incredible attractions. See my Top 10 Los Olivos favorites below.
- Epiphany Cellars Tasting Room – A super charming tasting room with delicious wine and adjacent to the Bubble Lounge. They also have two guest houses located on this property that I’ve stayed at and highly recommend. See more about the guests houses here. 2974 Grand Ave, Los Olivos, CA 93441.
2. The Bubble Shack – The Bubble Shack is quite possibly the most adorable, cutest tasting room in Los Olivos. For any girls on a girls weekend or bachelorette party, this is a must try! Not that guys won’t enjoy it too but it just has a very cute feminine feel to it. This is within steps of the Ephiphany Tasting Room so make appointments at both. 2970 Grand Avenue, Los Olivos, CA 93441.
3. Dragonette Cellars Tasting Room – Dragonette has some incredible Pinot Noirs which you’ll get to experience in this charming downtown tasting room. It’s in the center of town near the Fess Parker Inn & some great restaurants including Sides Hardware & Shoes Restaurant. 2445 Alamo Pintado Ave, Los Olivos, CA 93441
4. Sides Hardware & Shoes Restaurant – This was one of the most highly recommended restaurants in town and after visiting I understand why. Not only does it have incredible charm and curb appeal (seriously), the service is great and so is the food and the cocktails. I ordered the Fried Chicken (below) as well as The Steamed Buns and both were awesome. They are also known for their Bacon so try that as well if you’re a bacon lover. Regardless, be sure to visit Sides during any stop in Los Olivos and I promise you’ll be very happy you did! 2375 Alamo Pintado Avenue, Los Olivos, California 93441
5. Bien Nacido & Solomon Hills Tasting Room – Any wine lover knows about Bien Nacido so if you’re in Los Olivos be sure to check out this incredible Santa Barbara County Wine producer. I am lucky to have visited the Bien Nacido Vineyards (totally spoiled, right?) so if you want to read more about one of the most well known and respected wineries in Santa Barbara County read about Bien Nacido Vineyards here. 2963 Grand Ave. Suite B Los Olivos, California 93441.
6. Carhartt Vineyard Tasting Room – Carhartt is just on the edge of town as you enter and it looks like a mini house. The tiny building is misleading as they also have patio seating in the back which is great and a lovely way to enjoy some wine in a charming setting. This is also next door to The Epiphany Tasting Room so be sure to visit both during your Los Olivos visit. 2990 Grand Ave, Los Olivos, CA 93441.
7. The Doggy Door Hot Dog Stand – This is a fairly new Hot Dog Stand in the middle of town, across from The Fess Parker Inn. We swung by for a late afternoon snack and it was incredible. As a Chicago girl I love hot dogs and was thrilled to get to enjoy this new spot. 2446 Alamo Pintado Ave, Los Olivos, CA 93441.
8. Fess Parker Inn & Restaurant – This is another great spot to stay in town. It’s very centrally located and has a great restaurant in it as well. I haven’t stayed here but would love to as it has a modern yet luxurious feel to it and the rooms that I’ve seen on the website look incredible. 2860 Grand Ave, Los Olivos, CA 93441.
9. Corner House Coffee– Another great spot in town for coffee or breakfast is the Bagel & Coffee shop. I’ve eaten here both of my visits to Los Olivos and it’s great. A cute charming setting with a super nice team, great coffee and tasty eats. 2902 San Marcos Ave, Los Olivos, CA 93441.
10.Tercero Wines Tasting Room – Another great tasting room in town is Tercero which has delicious wines I recommend you check out. I first experienced Tercoro Wines at at Hospice du Rhone Wine Festival which you can read more about here. 2445 Alamo Pintado Ave #104, Los Olivos, CA 93441.