Top 10 Coffee Shops & Cafe’s in San Francisco
1. Best Kouign Amann – B Patisserie. Read more about this Pacific Heights gem which has lines out the door on most Saturdays and Sundays because of their incredible eats and their beyond charming setting. Read more here. 2821 California Street, San Francisco, CA. 94115.
2. Best Cafe on Chestnut Street – Le Marais Bakery. This is a charming bistro in the Marina with delicious pastries, incredible coffee from Stumptown Coffee, an amazing west coast Portland brand I’ve adored over the year. 2066 Chestnut Street, San Francisco, CA. 94123.
3. Best newcomer – Cafe Reveille Mission Bay. Having spent almost two years working in the Mission Bay Area at Old Navy it was so fun to return recently for lunch this week and discover the new gorgeous Cafe Reveille location. Not only is it gorgeous with pink tables and pink accent colors on the wall (note, pink is my favorite color) they have an amazing menu. I enjoyed a Kale Cobb Salad eating street side with my friend Julie, the fabulous Julie who is on my J.S.F. Board of advisors. This is a beautiful space that I will happily work or eat at any day. 610 Long Bridge Street. San Francisco, CA.
4. The most peaceful serene setting for working – Saint Frank Coffee. Saint Frank Coffee has become one of my go to destinations during the week to work. They have wi fi (note, this is not available on the weekends) a super clean and serene setting with really nice barista’s. 2340 Polk Street. San Francisco, CA. 94109.
5. Most hipster scene in the Nopa area – The Mill. If when the Mill first opened you asked me if it would make a Top 10 list, I would have said no. My first few visits I felt that the staff was not the warmest to those of us non hipsters. Yes that’s me. I’m totally not a hipster but do love the Nopa area so continued to return and my opinion changed. The Mill has grown on me. If you’ve been, you know it is always crowded rarely with an open seat. It has a bright cheerful setting with delicious coffee from my FAVORITE San Francisco coffee roasters Four Barrel, yummy pastries and incredible bread from Josey Bakery Bread. 740 Divisadero. San Francisco, CA. 94107.
6. Best Cafe on Fillmore Street – Jane Cafe. Jane is one of the most adored spots on Fillmore Street. Not only because of their small charming atmosphere, but in addition to coffee they have delicious food, my favorite are their salads, and incredible sweets. If you want to work here note that during lunch hours you can’t be on a laptop at the front 8 tables. However, you can work at the bar or grab a table upstairs. Expect a crowd as I’m not the only one that loves Jane Cafe! Jane Cafe is on my Top 10 Pacific Heights list read more here. 2123 Fillmore Street. San Francisco, CA. 94115
7. Best San Francisco Roastery & Coffee Beans – Four Barrel Coffee. As my favorite Coffee brand in San Francisco, it’s only fitting that The Four Barrel Coffee Shop is one of my Top 10 Cafe’s and Coffee Shops. This Mission Roastery where Four Barrel coffee is roasted is also great to grab a cup, work or relax with friends. I love their outside seating as well. 345 Valencia. San Francisco, CA. 94103.
8. Best for tourists to experience – Blue Bottle at The Ferry Building. Blue Bottle is one of the most popular coffee brands in San Francisco so where better to experience it than at our iconic Ferry Building. The Ferry Building is a fabulous destination for Shopping, Eating & Drinking, read more about my favorite Ferry Building spots here. Embarcadero, Ferry Building. San Francisco, CA.
9. Best family owned San Francisco coffee shop – Philz Coffee (various locations). They have the best ice coffee I’ve ever had which is the Ecstatic Ice Coffee. I get it every chance I get because it is so incredible. Read more about the newest Philz Embarcadero/Market Street location here. 1 Front Street. San Francisco, CA. 94111.
10. The best Cafe with outdoor seating – Coffee Bar. With all the beautiful weather we get in San Francisco it is nice to sit outside and take in the sun while working or enjoying a cup of coffee. Coffee Bar has a great little garden with patio seating as well as plenty of indoor seating. 1890 Bryant Street (at Mariposa). San Francisco, CA. 94110.
Photos courtesy of Coffee Bar